Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I need another Saturday

I did not even get close to finishing my "to do" list. I got the black beans cooked but realized I would use all that I cooked in the recipes for the next two weeks. *sigh* That means none for the canner. I was able to get two dozen fresh blueberry muffins made, a loaf of lemon poppy seed bread, and a loaf of banana bread. I also froze a stuff meat roll, two pans of mac & cheese made but only one made it to the freezer. I still have stuffed chicken breast to make and freeze as well as quiche.

It has been crazy at work. This was supposed to be and easypeasy job and it has turned into a OCD hive out break job. My job in and of itself has been a breeze but the financial secretary quit so I am paying the bills to keep the lights and water own until they hire someone. The financial secretary was not near as organized as I thought she was so I am stressing out over I what I am facing.

So with all that said, I am going to share my blueberry muffin recipe. It is my husband's favorite muffin recipe.




Mammaw Davidson's Blueberry Muffin Recipe...(I remember eating these as a kid at my grandmother's and well I know it is at least 50 years old since I will never see 50 again.)

1 stick butter (real butter not margarine) softened to room temperature

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups all purpose (I use unbleached flour)
 (here is why my recipe differs from so many)
1/2 cup plain yogurt (or 1/2 cup milk)
1 teaspoon lemon extract. (yes you read that correctly - lemon flavoring)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners (I don't care how much you grease and flour the tin fresh blueberries are gonna stick) Cream butter, eggs, lemon extract and sugar till smooth. You can do this by hand or with a mixer. I used a whisk. Add yogurt mixing well. Crush 1 cup of blueberries using a folk or spoon. Just enough to cause the skins to pop. Mix in to creamed mixture. Shift flour, salt, and baking powder together adding 1/2 cup at a time to blueberry mixture. Mix just until flour is moist, fold in remaining blueberries. Spoon into lined muffin tin. Now you can either put them in the oven as is or sprinkle and additional 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of sugar on top of each muffin. Bake 25-30 minutes. Let cool before handling muffins. Makes 2 dozen regular sized muffins or 1 dozen extra large muffins.

These freeze well. Enjoy! (WARNING ! This recipe has been adjusted for 3000+ feet altitude. You may need a tad bit more milk and up the temperature a little.)

No comments:

Post a Comment