Monday, August 19, 2013

First time for everything...

And today is the first that I will cook my beef stroganoff in the  crock pot. This has been one of those meals I just could not bring myself to cook in the crock pot. I don't why, I guess because I pour my heart into this one, I mean it is my most favorite meal next to shrimp that is...LOL.

So this morning I got up chopped up a chuck roast trimmed it and put in the crock pot, diced up 2 cups of portabella mushrooms, mixed together 1/4 cup of butter, 1/2 cup sour cream 1/4cup milk, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 package cream cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, a 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Put it all in the crock pot and set on low. I will cook noodles when I get home and dinner will be ready. I can't wait.

I am so hoping this works out. It is one of those meals that I have only served on Friday night or on the weekend in since it is so complicated to cook other wise. Well not really complicated but it is not something you can throw in the pan and cook in just a few minutes and have on the table in less than 30 minutes.
 

Update:

Ok so the meat was tender and hubby went back for seconds. The sauce was a little thinner than I would have liked. It was good and I will probably use the crock pot again to make it. May omit the milk next time and increase either the cream cheese or sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment