Friday, August 16, 2013

Hats, Hats, Everywhere Hats

Today is a wonderful day. Not only is it Friday but I slept all night. Much different from yesterday. I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Yesterday was a very longggg day.

My to do list is growing. Today is a short day for work at the church. On Friday's I only work til 1:00 but then I start my 2nd job...chief bottle washer and chef here on the homestead. It is baking day around here. Well that is if I remember to pick up eggs on the way home LOL. Blueberry muffins, lemon poppy seed bread or muffins (I haven't decided yet) zucchini bread. To top that off I have to plan a menu for a month or two. I just realized this morning that my menu only goes through this weekend. I wonder if I recycle if hubby would notice. LOL Tonight though is that wonderful fall back comfort food -- mac & cheese! This time I will put ham in it. I have some fresh peas to shell and cook yummy yummy yummy. I don't know about the rest of you but I am ready for cooler weather...I want to cook chili and gumbo and veggie soup and hubby's favorite loaded baked potato soup. Maybe in a few more weeks I can start making soups again.

Today's devotion is in about the many hats we wear. Some of mine are wife, bill payer, mother, daughter, sister, friend, cook, maid, dishwasher, banker, laundress, and those are just the ones I wear at home, if you add in my professional job then I add a few more hats. If we are honest we all wear more hats that we can juggle at times and we tend to loose a few along the way. The one many of tend to set as side is the "child of the King" hat. Oh we like the benefits of the hat but not the responsibility.

Deuteronomy 10:12, we have simple instructions..."fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul"

In Deuteronomy 10:14 God tells us He is owner and creator of everything and we are to respect Him as the owner and creator.

In Deuteronomy 10:13 We are told we are His exclusively and we are to cling to him.

I know you are probably saying that is just for the Israelites...ok how about this hat then...Jesus gave this as the new commandment "And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 22:37-40)

Everything points to loving God with all of our mind, body, and soul. If we can wear that hat first and foremost then all the other hats will fit just fine. But we tend to lay it aside because it is such a big hat and we know that if we love God with everything then we have to follow through on part B...loving our neighbor as ourself. Guess what some of you are not so loveable and I am not sure I would even tolerate you if it wasn't for God's love. Yep the hat that is "CHILD OF THE KING" is a hat that we have to conscientiously pick up and put on. We may have to take some hats off first and lay them aside but like I said if we put the "child of the King" hat first all of the others will fit perfectly.

So have you put on your "CHILD OF THE KING" hat this morning? And are you loving your neighbor? Do we even know who our neighbor is? Hummm that sounds like another study all together.

Enjoy your hats and have a lovely and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment