Saturday, July 13, 2013

I refuse to go grocery shopping again

Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. I refuse to go grocery shopping again. Ok so I will have to go but I won't like it. I am going to really scrimp and save this next month so I can go and do a year's shopping at one time (at least for basics.) I almost fell out - $1.25 for WalMart brand cream of chicken soup. I usually make it from scratch but I do like have a few cans on hand just in case. However, that $1.24 can stayed on the shelf. When we lived in North Carolina I used to shop Aldi and I would buy a case maybe once a year. The nearest Aldi to me now is Ok City and that is over three hours away. I so have to get my larder stocked back up. Between helping two of the boys with their pantries when they got married and a move half way across the country my larder is bare. This is really depressing.

What is even more depressing is the recipes I have looked to make from scratch like lemon poppy seed bread, all the ones I have found calls for a box of cake mix. When did we start classifying store bought cake mix as making something from scratch? I am so not vogue when it comes to cooking. LOL Yep I am just a little ol' earth muffin that is out of sync with the "in crowd" Oh well at least I know what is going in my lemon poppy seed bread and my blueberry muffins and I won't have to google the ingredients to see if they are really edible.

Ok off my soap box. I am slowly in getting my feet back under me since I started back to work. Today I am making blueberry muffins, lemon poppy seed muffins, banana bread, zuchinni bread, peach cobble, mushroom quiche, asparagus quiche, mac & cheese and its all going in the freezer for the next two weeks so that I wont have to rush home from work and panic because I have no clue what is for dinner. Or when I sleep through the alarm in the mornings I can still send hubby out the door with some type of breakfast that is way better for him than Little Debbie's chocolate covered doughnuts that he would stop and get on his way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment