Friday, January 30, 2015

Oregano

As I was looking through my oils tonight trying to decided which one I would share information on I saw my bottle of Oregano. Yes Oregano, it for more than cooking :-)

Its medical properties are extensive. It is an anti-aging agent, powerful antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, immune stimulant, anti-nociceptive, radio-protective, liver protectant. It is used for arthritis pain, rheumatism, respiratory infectious diseases, infections, tuberculosis, digestive problems.

Oregano has been know to remove skin tags as well help heal. I will say this DILUTE IT! If you use it in neat (aka straight) form it will burn so dilute it at least 1:1. 

Yep, I would say it is for more than just cooking.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. What would you dilute it with? I would love to learn how to grow medicinal herbs and then learn how to use them straight from the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dilute with Grapeseed Oil, Almond Oil or even Olive Oil

      Delete